Installing the VISA library
About the VISA Library
VISA (Virtual Instrument Software Architecture) was developed by the IVI Foundation. It is the standard specification for measurement instrument connection software.
To use the VISA library (VISA COM) with the I/O library, the VISA library (NI-VISA, Agilent VISA, or KI-VISA) must be installed on the controller (a Windows PC).
To use the LAN interface to control the PLZ-5W, middleware that supports the VXI-11 protocol or HiSLIP protocol must be installed on the controller. The middleware is installed automatically by the VISA library.
You must install one of the following to use VISA libraries (driver software that is implemented according to the VISA specifications).
- NI-VISA by National Instruments Corporation (Ver. 5.1.1 or later)
- Keysight VISA by Keysight Technologies (formerly, Agilent Technologies) (Keysight IO Libraries Suite 16.0 or later)
- KI-VISA Ver. 5.0.4 or later
|Depending on the interface, you may not be able to use your VISA library if it is an older version than that specified.|
|Do not install multiple VISA libraries on the same PC. Doing so may cause errors.
If NI-VISA or Agilent VISA is already installed on your PC, you do not need to install KI-VISA.
KI-VISA is a KIKUSUI version of the I/O library.
You can download the most recent version of this library from the Kikusui Electronics Corporation website (http://www.kikusui.co.jp/download/).
1. Put the included CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
2. Move to the VISA folder using the menu program of the CD-ROM or Explorer.
3. Double-click Kivisa_x_x_x.exe.
The value for x varies depending on the revision of the VISA library stored on the CD-ROM.
4. Proceed with the installation according to the instructions on the screen.